Monday, October 22, 2012

Hola dear friends,  today was a lovely day in Santiago. 
I firmed up some plans and leave for Finisterre tomorrow 
with my friend Mary from Australia. We will take a bus to 
Finisterre which will take us about 3 hours and spend the 
day exploring Finisterre, the lighthouse and find the fire 
pit out behind the lighthouse to burn an article of clothing 
and any other symbolic representations we want to leave behind, 
a Finisterre / Camino ritual.   On Tuesday we will begin our 
17 k walk to Liera where we will stay and then finish our walk 
on Wednesday in Muxia spend the night and bus back to Santiago 
on Thursday. I am very excited about walking along the coast and 
being with the wind and sea. This part of Galicia has a very 
earth based pagan/druid history and lots of legends and the 
Celtic Irish connection.  So add that all together and I am 
beyond excited and grateful  to have this additional time in nature. 
I will continue to write about my experiences here in Spain as my 
Camino continues.  I'm on the bus now hoping the skies clear as we 
near the sea and know that all will be as it should be rain, sun, 
cloudy, or foggy. Mother nature is my guide as usual here on the 
Camino. I must admit being in a moving vehicle for the first time 
in 6 weeks is odd as the whole travel / get tickets plan for 
returning mode has to engage.  But what has now become a larger 
question is how do i bring the calm and  peace of the Camino to 
my daily life as i re- integrate.    And the answer. It's a process 
and all will flow. Love to you all. Embrace this new day and take 
a deep breath of what I hear  is full fall in pa.   See you soon. 
Camille in and on the Camino. 

4 comments:

  1. I am so very happy you are continuing to the sea~!~!~!~!
    love love love
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Millie,
    I am happy to hear you are pushing on to the sea!..That sounds pretty exciting!. I think the peace and calm of the camino is in your DNA at this point..You will tap into it at will and likely you will just BE the camino!
    so enjoy these days and relax about your return!
    love and xo's
    Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathe in that ocean air and, if you can, bottle it and bring it home!! Love Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How's it feel to be moving and your feet are not? So glad you decided to continue on, perhaps a bit selfish of me to be glad as I simply did not want my morning routine of tea while reading your blog to come to an end. And now, it won't! But, I'm glad for you, too, to enjoy the sea and feel the air and water since you've been so earth connected. Enjoy. Until tomorrow a.m.. Love you, Ed SSB

    ReplyDelete